- Warts are skin growths caused by human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Can occur on hands, knees and bottom of feet
- Common in children and young adults
- Salicylic acid application — this is available over the counter and can be done at home
- Liquid nitrogen application — can be done by our provider at Epic Urgent and Family Care
- Shave excision — can also be done at our clinic for stubborn warts who does not respond to above therapies
When to seek care?
- If you are not sure if the lesion is wart or something else
- If it does not respond to home based treatment
- Signs of infection — skin redness, swelling, pain, etc
- Bleeding from the lesions
- Recurrence despite of treatment
Epic Urgent and Family Care serves the following neighborhoods and zip code for wart removal.
Neighborhoods we serve: Palatine, Arlington Heights, Buffalo Grove, Inverness, Barrington, South Barrington, Rolling Meadows, Wheeling, Prospect Heights, Deerfield, Mount Prospect, Lake Zurich, Glenview, Vernon Hills, Hoffman Estates, Schaumburg, Elk Grove Village, Downers GroveZIP Codes we serve: 60004, 60074, 60010, 60011, 60005, 60007, 60008, 60015, 60016, 60018, 60025, 60047, 60061, 60062, 60067, 60656, 60089, 60090, 60106, 60107, 60169, 60192, 60193