Covid-19 testing at Epic Urgent & Family Care
EUFC remains committed to Palatine and the surrounding community during the COVID-19 pandemic, including offering COVID-19 testing. We are also open for routine medical care including employer services while maintaining all safety precautions.
Type of COVID-19 virus testings available at Epic Urgent Care
- Gold standard COVID-19 RT-PCR test — nasopharyngeal swab will be sent to a reference lab. Results are available within 24 hours. Test is performed by doing a nasopharyngeal swab. It detects viral genetic material.
- Abbott ID NOW PCR test (Rapid PCR test) nasal swab will be obtained and tested on site. Results are available within 2 hours. It detects viral genetic material.
- COVID-19 Antigen test, BD Veritor Plus (Rapid Antigen test) — nasal swab will be obtained and tested on site. Results are available within 2 hours. It detects specific proteins on the virus surface.
Who should get tested for Covid-19 infection?
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, even after vaccination
- If you have had close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more) with someone with confirmed COVID-19, even after vaccination
- If you took part in activities that put you at higher risk for COVID-19 because you could not socially distance as needed, such as travel, attending large social or mass gatherings, or being in crowded indoor settings
- Pre Employment
- Pre Travel (RT-PCR test will be needed- Result will be within 8-24 hrs)
- Pre Surgical Procedure
Why do I need Telemedicine evaluation?
Prior to your testing you need a consultation with our provider who will do a comprehensive medical evaluation for you. They will make a plan with you to decide what type of testing is needed for your health needs (RT-PCR versus rapid test versus antibody testing). In addition, please note that COVID-19 laboratory testing requires a medical practitioner’s order. The provider will also counsel you on next steps after testing and interpretation of the results as well as return to work recommendations.
Where would I come for Covid Test?
You will be assigned “testing time” after telemedicine consultation with our providers. Testing will be done at the sick visit entrance of our clinic. You need to present your ID during the time of your testing. Our staff will perform a nasal swab for you and will provide written discharge instructions.
How do I get my COVID-19 PCR test results?
- Your COVID-19 test result will be available within 24 hours or less
- You will receive an email from our HIPPA compliant patient portal. Email will come from email@example.com. Please follow the directions in the email and create a portal account while you receive your result. You can download your test results from the portal.
- If you have not received results within 24 hours, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, date of birth and preferred email address OR call us 708-733-7750 to receive the copy of your results.
Travelling and Covid-19 testing
Most airlines and government offices require travellers to get an RT-PCR test performed within 72-96 hrs of travel. Most airlines do not accept rapid PCR results. Please confirm with your airline about what type of testing is acceptable.
We will get your covid RT PCR results within 16-24 hours of your test or early. Please call clinic 708-733-7750 to discuss your needs. If you do not have health insurance, $175 charge will be applied for travel related covid tests. You will receive your result in a PDF file from our HIPPA secure patient portal email.
We offer antibody testing through Quest Diagnostics which is highly sensitive (90%) i.e. reliable result and 99.6% specific i.e. very few false positives. Antibody test results are typically available in 1-2 days. The antibody tests from Quest Diagnostics can help identify a potential immune response from SARS CoV-2 infection versus Vaccination.